One year before the opening of what will be the biggest hotel in the center of Bergen, Rica Hotels changes the name of its flagship. The new hotel is named after Ørnen Margarine factory, which was earlier situated on the plot.
- When we now choose to change the name, it is primarily because we want to associate the hotel with the place and the story behind Ørnen Margarine factory. Colloquially the project is called Ørnen, a name which is well known to most people and the market. This is why changing the name to Rica Ørnen Hotel comes naturally, says CEO of Rica Hotels, Fredrik Utheim.
The hotel project has until now been named Rica Park Hotel, Bergen. To better ensure the history of the plot and what people associate with the area, a name change comes naturally to the hotel chain.
- It is one year until we open the doors to Bergen city’s biggest hotel. If we ever should change the name, it would have to be now, Utheim continues.
The hotel will have a very central location near many attractions, including Grieg Hall, the central station and Bergen light rail. It will be a great contribution to the development of this part of the city.
In English, Ørnen means “The Eagle”.
Rica Ørnen Hotel, Bergen
• Opens 2nd of May 2014
• Will be Bergen city’s biggest hotel and one of the tallest buildings in the city
• The hotel will be around 19.000 square meters in total
• 368 modern hotel rooms
• Conference capacity of up to 400 people in plenary
• 17 meeting rooms of different sizes in total
• The hotel will have the city’s only sky bar